Diana Tucker is the pinnacle of what working mothers can achieve. She’s the MuleSoft Channels and Alliances Director for ANZ and JPAC. This would be a highly challenging role on its own, yet, somehow, she manages to do it while raising 4 children.
In this episode we cover:
- Diana’s career journey from Project Manager, to Director of Channels and Alliances, Australia and New Zealand at Mulesoft – including how she accelerated her career after having kids
- How saying yes to opportunities that scared her resulted in career success
- We discuss how some of her male mentors helped accelerate her career, and the most important characteristic a male ally can learn to support women in the workplace
- Diana shares her experience in attempting to stop work multiple times to be a full time Mum, and why she ended up returning back to work
- Diana provides some great practices she uses to manage her career in tech, with her duties as a Mum
- She shares her advice for women who experience guilt after returning from maternity leave, leaving their child at daycare, leaving work early, or missing their child when they’re sick
- How Mulesoft helped expectant mothers and parents
- The benefits working mothers provide an organisation
[Full Disclaimer: Some of these links may be affiliate links, which means we receive compensation, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase through the link.]
Thank you for listening
I am grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for taking the time to listen to the Females in Tech Show.
My aim is to inspire and support you to reach your goals, and provide you with practical tips on how to be the best version of yourself.
If you did enjoy the show, then I'd like to ask three things, so I can inspire and support more career motivated women ( and men).
SUBSCRIBE: search for “The Females in Tech Show” in your favourite podcast app (eg. Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Stitcher), and subscribe to the show to ensure you never miss an episode.
REVIEW: write a review for the show in your favourite podcast app telling us what you love, and also where we can improve.
SHARE: this episode with friends and colleagues who might benefit from the content, as well as grow and support our community.
How can we better serve you?
Ultimately the show is for you, the females in tech community, which begs the question… How can we better serve you?
Tell us what topics you’d like to learn more about, or will help advance your career in technology. Complete the form at this link and suggest a podcast topic.
I’ll be sure to give you a shout out in the podcast episode if your topic is chosen.