Katherine Boiciuc’s career path to executive leadership was long and hard earned. She’s a living, breathing, example of an executive disrupting the tech industry, working hard to ensure more women make it to the C-Suite.
As far as I’m concerned Katherine Boiciuc is a super woman. She’s a huge role model of mine so talking with her was such a wonderful, and even emotional, experience.
I feel so blessed to be able to share our conversation with you all.
In this episode we cover:
- Katherine Boiciuc’s career path, working in various roles at Australia’s leading telco, from call centres, operations, people capability, sales and strategy, and ultimately to executive leadership.
- We discuss why women often get stuck in middle management, and how to progress to the next level
- Katherine shares a story of how she got selected for executive leadership training whilst on maternity leave
- She opens wide and gets vulnerable with me in sharing two big challenges she faced in her career
- We talk about why she left Telstra after 19 years
- Katherine shares her views on authentic leadership, and why it is imperative in today’s world
- Katherine Boiciuc on LinkedIn, Twitter
- Leadership consultancy Maximus International, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Video interview, The Future of Leadership with Katherine Boiciuc
- Article, How to Prepare Yourself for a Leadership Role, The Martec (Aug 2019)
- Article, What Does the 21st Century Leadership Look and Feel Like, Women Love Tech (Jul 2020)
- Article, 29 Inspirational Women Making Waves in STEM in Australia, Women Love Tech (Feb 2020)
- Article & Podcast, Tackling Technology Challenges and Improving Business Through Diversity, Telstra Exchange (Oct 2018)
- Article, 6 Career Tips from a Global Tech Leader, Telstra Exchange (Nov 2018)
- Reflections on Why More Women Don’t Get to the C-Suite: A View from China
- Book: Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Timothy Ferris
[Full Disclaimer: Some of these links may be affiliate links, which means we receive compensation, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase through the link.]
Thank you for listening
My aim is to inspire and support you to reach your goals, and provide you with practical tips on how to be the best version of yourself.
If you did enjoy the show, then I'd like to ask three things, so I can inspire and support more career motivated women ( and men).
- SUBSCRIBE: to the show to ensure you never miss an episode.
- REVIEW: write a review for the show in your favourite podcast app telling us what you love, and also where we can improve.
- SHARE: with anyone who might benefit from the content, as well as grow and support our community.