Dr Adam Fraser is a human performance researcher and consultant. He specialises in how organisations can adopt a culture of high performance. As a result, he’s worked with elite level athletes, the armed forces and business professionals of all levels.
In this episode we cover:
- Dr Adam Fraser’s career journey to human performance researcher, author and consultant (5:42)
- Adam shares his definition of a high performer, and the characteristics that separate high performers from everyone else (6:56)
- The notion of struggling, and how we need to get better at managing struggle as a society (10:34)
- Some of the habits of high performers that help them slow down (17:34)
- How high performers separate work and life, particularly during isolation (25:01)
- We discuss whether success comes at the expense of health, relationships or wellbeing (29:21)
- Dr Adam Fraser on Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Dr Adam Fraser website
- The Flourish Movement, helping School Principals flourish not just cope
- Book, Strive: Embracing the Gift of Struggle, by Dr Adam Fraser
- Audio CD, Power of Vulnerability: Teachings on Authenticity, Connection and Courage, Brene Brown (author)
- Book, Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard, Dan Heath & Chip Heath (authors)
[Full Disclaimer: Some of these links may be affiliate links, which means we receive compensation, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase through the link.]
Subscribe to The Females In Tech Show on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn
Thank you for listening
I am grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for taking the time to listen to the Females in Tech Show.
My aim is to inspire and support you to reach your goals, and provide you with practical tips on how to be the best version of yourself.
If you did enjoy the show, then I'd like to ask three things, so I can inspire and support more career motivated women ( and men).
- SUBSCRIBE: search for “The Females in Tech Show” in your favourite podcast app and subscribe to the show to ensure you never miss an episode.
- REVIEW: write a review for the show in your favourite podcast app telling us what you love, and also where we can improve.
- SHARE: this episode with friends and colleagues who might benefit from the content, as well as grow and support our community.
How can we better serve you?
Ultimately the show is for you, the females in tech community, which begs the question… How can we better serve you?
Tell us what topics you’d like to learn more about, or will help advance your career in technology. Complete the form at this link and suggest a podcast topic.
I’ll be sure to give you a shout out in the podcast episode if your topic is chosen.